Friday, April 23, 2010

I love the smell of my sheets!

  WhSS_April2010_Linens1at does my laundry smell like?  It smells like clean!  Not the version of clean I have been accustomed to until now, but real clean.  I never knew clean could smell so wonderful.

A member of my family has developed sensitivities to fragrance, so we have all been making our way to fragrance-free linens in order to support him.  If our sheets are covered in perfume he cannot sleep over without bringing his own.  If our towels are covered in fragrance he has to dry his hands with toilet paper.  And the scents make him very ill.

 SS_April2010_Linens2 So I gave up my fragranced laundry detergent a while ago, but every time I wash my clothes and linens, they still smelled of the perfume of my former laundry detergent.  It was incredibly persistent. (I should add that my relative can tolerate non-petrochemical/plant fragrance, so I have tried and I can use laundry detergent with that kind of fragrance, but I have been trying to get all the fragrance off the linens as a starting point)

Today, for the first time, my sheets do not smell like the perfume of my former detergent but instead just smell clean, beautifully aromatically clean.  And the smell of “nothing but clean” is amazing. 

 SS_April2010_Linens3 It has got me wondering why I ever used fragranced laundry detergent at all?  Maybe because that was all that was offered at one point in time.  Who made the decision that our clothes and linens were supposed to smell of fragrance anyway? Maybe they should just smell of “nothing but clean”.

Fragrance-free linens.  Just try it! 

Next Blogum: May 2010

Sage Spencer


Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe with Bloglines

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you feel?